Monday, January 4, 2010

Follow the kid on the bike

Well, a wee change of plans. I've decide to spend the first month or two in Chania, Crete. With a population of 80,000, it isn't egg-ZACK-ly the "village" experience I was planning. However, it is warmer in February and a good jumping off place for other weekend adventures. Libya anyone? Hmmmm... maybe not.

I found a great little apartment in the old Turkish /Venetian quarter. And I mean LITTLE. It is essentially one room on each of 3 floors, with a lovely rooftop terrace. Comes with a bicycle. Stop laughing. I mean it.

If you're really interested in seeing the neighbourhood, check out this YouTube video - follow the kid on the bike.... he rides all through my new 'hood.

www.youtube.com/watch?v=dPk3nHexuHM

No comments:

Post a Comment